- Please complete the mid-semester survey.
- Overview of FarmData2 custom components (slides)
- Useful general skill: using
grepto explore a code base.
- I often use
find . -name "*something*"
- … and
grep -r "something" *… and
-iis useful to ignore case,
-lto show filenames only
- I often use
- Overview of end-to-end tests with Cypress (slides)
- Overview of FarmOS API (slides)
- git is much easier to use if you enable tab completion. This is not
enabled in our FarmData2 development environments by default.
It can be enabled by executing the command
in a terminal.
To automatically enable it in every shell (i.e. terminal), add that command to the end of the file
- Discussion of communication in open-source software projects based on Fogel chapter 6 (homework assignment MP2).
- Overview of web API task (slides)
Visit to College Farm. Meet 1:25pm in Kaufman parking lot near DPS entrance. We will return before 3pm.
- Optional video (15 minutes) explaining this week’s assignment: class 4 video
- at 4:30, the webpage shown in this video is not up-to-date. It should of course include the content for class 4, including the PowerPoint for class 4 and the demo code for class 4.
- Slides available for background reading if necessary: 04-S-VueEventsAndJS.pptx
- Demo code for Vue events: 04-spike.zip
- Discussion of Fogel chapter 1
- Slides for today: 03-S-VueDataBinding.pptx
- Vue demo code: vue-demo.zip
Reminder about QRA.
Reminder about Zulip.
Introduction to HTML within Farmdata2:
- slides: 02-S-HTML.pptx
Overview of the course.
Review of FarmData2 dev install.
Last modified: Wed Mar 22 13:21:29 UTC 2023 by jmac.